About the Position
The Scots College is an innovative and creative teaching and learning environment for boys Transition to Year 12. We pride ourselves on our quest for excellence, our faith and tradition and a culture of leadership through teams for both our students and staff.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our team who is passionate about debating and public speaking. The Director of Debating is a full-time position based at our Senior School Campus commencing Term 1, 2021.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Manage and coordinate the Years 7 to 12 Debating Program.
- Organise and coordinate Sydney based debating competitions which involve College participation.
- Coordination of school competitions.
- Coordination of teaching support staff and recruitment of casual debating coaches.
- Organise and assist with internal and external debating competitions.
- Organise trials and team selections of students.
- Management of all debating operations such as fixtures, transport, venues as well as awards nights and functions.
- Liaise with The Scots College Parents Association.
- Commitment to continual development and promotion of the Scots debating culture based on the College values.
- A qualification in teaching is desirable.
We offer outstanding opportunities for professional development, a supportive work environment and new experiences.
All candidates must consent to or have a current a Working With Children Check (WWCC).
Please click here by registering your interest by Friday 18 December 2020.
Candidates must demonstrate a positive support for the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School.
How to Apply
Please complete our application process by clicking below.