About the Position
An exciting opportunity has become available for an innovative and outstanding educator with early childhood management experience to join our Scots Rose Bay, Early Years Centre.
As the Acting Director of Scots Rose Bay, Early Years Centre you are responsible for the day-to-day management of the Rose Bay Campus as well as taking on the duties of an onsite nominated supervisor. This is a fast paced role within a 26 place centre, whereby you will be required on the floor throughout the week.
This is a six month fixed term contract covering a period of maternity leave commencing Monday 15 March 2021.
In this role you will be expected to support the aims and values of the College by taking a leadership role in committing to the development of ‘best practice’ strategies in all aspects of The Scots College Long Day Care Centre.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Experience in leading a day care centre.
- Qualification in Early Childhood; NESA Accreditation.
- Demonstrates outstanding potential as an academic leader in early education with a strong record of successful implementation of contemporary approaches to meeting the learning needs of pre-primary and primary aged boys.
- Has an understanding of the Reggio Emilia approach and the capacity to be innovative and creative in the development of the Scots Model of early learning.
- Ability to infuse the Christian ethos into teaching practice.
- Propensity to recognise the value and uniqueness of each individual within the College community.
- Commitment to one’s own ongoing learning.
- Professional and personal integrity.
- Being flexible and open to change.
- Being proactive and innovative.
- Effective interpersonal communication and organisational skills.
- Be familiar with all National Quality Standard (NQS), Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and current regulations.
Requirements for Working at Scots
All applications must demonstrate positive support for our Christian values and for being a part of the Presbyterian GPS (Great Public Schools) community. It is a requirement for all employees of the College to have a valid working with children clearance.
Applicants must demonstrate a positive support for the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School.
All applicants for child-related employment must complete a prohibited person declaration and consent to the Working With Children Check (WWCC). You must also have current child protection and first aid qualifications.
The closing date for all applications is Thursday 7 January 2021.
How to Apply
Please complete our application process by clicking below.